Everyone should know how to swim!
YMCA swim lessons are designed to help each participant learn how to swim better and be safe in the water. The Dodge City Family YMCA offers progressive classes for ages 6 months through adult. Learn the basics, then build your skills and develop your technique. Private, partner and group lessons are available. The Dodge City Family YMCA offers multiple sessions throughout the year so for more information contact our Aquatics Director at 620.225.8157 or email@example.com.
Why learn to swim?
- Swimming develops all muscle groups evenly
- Each year, over 8,000 people learn to swim at the Y
- Drowning is the leading cause of death in children age 1 - 5 yrs
- It may take 30-80 swim lessons to learn to swim independently
- Skills will dwindle if swimmers practice only in the summer!