Everyone has heard of the Y. But there’s so much more to the Y than many people realize. From exercise to education, from jumping rope to job preparation, from preschool to preventive health, the Y doesn’t just strengthen bodies, it strengthens communities. The Garden City Family YMCA has proudly served the community for 65 years and relies on the support from the generous donations to be able to serve our mission "for all".
We have several options for the community to contribute and make a difference on the life on many people. From planned giving to annual support to our special events, we have something for everyone. Here is a breakdown of contributions we have available:
- Planned giving through our Heritage Club. Please review Heritage Club and see the many options available
- Annual Support Campaign - This campaign focuses on raises dollars for our Helping Hands Scholarship program. Please review for more information
- Capital Campaign- This Campaign started in 2007 and we are still raising money to date. If you are interested, please visit with Chad Knight. We have State Tax credits available, please review that page.
- Special events - All year around we have many special events and functions where people can help the YMCA. Whether it is through our Wendy's Appreciation Nights, JC Penney's Round-Up Campaigns or Tackle Football raffle drawing, there is something for everyone. Check this link for more up-to-date information and what's happening.
- Sponsors - Through our programs, we have league and event sponsors available. If you want to help keep the entry fees low and affordable for all the children, help as a league or event sponsor. Check to see what's available or visit with one of our Program Directors.
If you can't contribute money, then give your time to our organization. We are a volunteer-led and volunteer-founded organization. Volunteers play a vital role in serving our mission to the community. Please review the volunteer tab to see the many options available.